- 250ml Milk
- 50g Sugar
- 25g Cornflour
- 1 x Egg (or a heaped teaspoon of egg replacer)
- Vanilla Extract
- Warm the milk.
- Put the corn flour and sugar in a jug and combine with a drizzle of water (if using egg replacer add it now plus a little extra water. add the egg and beat.
- Add half the hot milk and beat vigorously to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the rest of the milk then return to the pan.
- Whisk constantly until thick (it will go really thick).
- Take off the heat and keep beating for a few minutes.
- You can double the recipe or triple it as you need. This is enough for a batch of Pains aux Raisins.
Inspirational Recipes http://www.inspirationalrecipes.co.uk/