For the base
- Crumble Crumbs or Digestive Biscuit Crumb*
- Vegan Margarine (Vitalite)
- Brown Sugar
For the topping
- Fruit (Blackberries, Strawberries or other soft fruit)
- Sugar (white or brown)
- Soya Milk (or soya cream)
- Vegan Soft Cheese
- Xantham Gum (Teaspoon)
- Blend the crumb mix in a blender to the desired consistency, add brown sugar (if desired) and bind together with melted margarine. Place in the bottom of a loose bottom cake tin that has been lightly greased and chill until the margarine sets the mixture.
- Put the other ingredients into the blender with the fruit and sugar in the bottom to ensure a smooth mixture. Add the milk a little at a time.
- Add more sugar to taste, then pour on top of the base.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- *It is important to note that most shop-bought digestive biscuits are not vegan as they contain milk.
Inspirational Recipes http://www.inspirationalrecipes.co.uk/