- 5 to 7 Limes
- 1kg Jam Sugar (Not preserving sugar)
- 500ml Water
- Put the limes into a pan of boiling water and simmer for 25 minutes (the water should be just bubbling)
- Discard the water and allow the limes to cool a little (do not wash in cold water)
- Put the limes into a food processor or blender and purée (no need to remove the pips)
- Put the purée into a pan with the sugar, add enough water to help the sugar dissolve (about 100ml)
- Bring to the boil, then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes
- Allow to cool for a minute or two then put into sterilised jars
- Your marmalade should be jared up whilst hot, when you put a lid on it, the lid will vacuum close and the marmalade will keep up to 2 years.
- Use 4 or 5 lemons instead of limes
- Use lemon juice instead of water (makes a zingy tingle)
- Add 2cm of fresh ginger (add to blender)
- Combine different fruits, orange & grapefruit work well
- Do not worry that the fruit is waxed or not, you are simmering it first and you are not using the water... the wax gets poured away!
Inspirational Recipes http://www.inspirationalrecipes.co.uk/