SWEET & SOUR
- White Vinegar (Rice Vinegar is best, but Malt will still work)
- 1 Can of Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- Demerara Sugar (or Muscovado)
- Tomato Puree
- Salt & Pepper (to season)
- Sweet Chili Sauce (Optional)
- Lemon / Lime Juice (Optional)
- Pineapple Juice (used if you need to bulk up the sauce)
- The proportions for this recipe are very much up to your own personal taste.
- Empty the can of pineapple chunks into a large pan, on a medium heat, then add a tablespoon of honey and the sugar.
- Then add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar, then add 1/3 to 1/2 of a tube of tomato puree. Taste the sauce and adjust as required.
- Sweet & Sour sauce works well with Chicken, Fish, Quorn Chunks or Tofu with stir fried vegetables.
- Add a spoonful of sweet chilli sauce.
Inspirational Recipes http://www.inspirationalrecipes.co.uk/