- 500g ‘00’ Strong Flour
- 1 Sachet (7g) dried yeast
- 8-10g of salt
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 300ml of tepid water
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Knead for about 10mins, the dough should be sticky and clingy, so cover your hands with olive oil.
- Portion the dough as required, roll out, there will be enough to make 4 large pizzas.
- Add toppings as desired and leave for 45 minutes to prove before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 220oC.
- Make as pizza, fold in half and tuck the edges together.
Garlic Bread #1
- Beat 100g of Margarine or Butter, crush and chop 2 or 3 garlic cloves, combine. Add seasoning or herbs to taste.
- Spread the garlic butter on the base and bake.
Garlic Bread #2
- Make garlic butter as above, roll the dough into a baguette shape.
- bake for 15 mins at 200oC
- allow to cool slightly, then slit and fill with garlic butter, then bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Add olives to the dough, shape as a naan bread, prick holes in dough with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. It also looks nice to push a sprig of rosemary onto the dough.
Inspirational Recipes http://www.inspirationalrecipes.co.uk/