SPELT & HONEY BREAD
- 300g White Strong Flour
- 200g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 300-350ml Water
- Salt (a teaspoonful)
- 7g Dried Yeast
- 50ml Oil (we find cold pressed rapeseed oil best)
- 2 dessert spoons of honey
- In a jug measure out 300ml of water, add the yeast and honey stir together then add 100g of the flour, beat with a whisk and make sure it is smooth.
- Cover the jug with cling film then put the jug either i) in the fridge overnight or ii) leave on the worktop for an hour. The longer you can leave it, the better it will taste!
- If you put the jug in the fridge overnight take it out of the fridge, allowing it to warm up.
- In a mixing bowl put all of your ingredients (except the jugful of mix) and combine together.
- Add the jug of starter dough and mix together.
- Knead for at least 10 minutes by hand.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp tea towel and leave somewhere warm to prove (upto an hour and a half).
- Once proved, knead the dough again for a minute then shape as desired.
- Large Loaf, 180oC for 40 Mins.
Inspirational Recipes http://www.inspirationalrecipes.co.uk/